Full Steam Ahead!

Well things have definitely picked up steam these past two weeks!  Because I started in December right before the schools were about to go on a break for the Holidays, scheduling meetings and attending huddles had been a bit slow for the first month or so that I was on staff.  Thankfully, that has changed quite a bit lately and I’ve been able to attend several more huddles at middle schools and high schools as well as meet with a lot more volunteers, potential donors, and churches in the area.  God has been so faithful in providing these opportunities and introductions!  In the midst of the busyness, though, I’m so thankful for the staff that I get to work with on a regular basis.  We may not see each other every day, but we communicate regularly via email and text to encourage one another as we hit the mission field.  Monday night I got a text from one of my coworkers inviting the rest of our staff to join him in Tysons on Tuesday from 11-Noon in prayer.  Many on our staff already had commitments for that time but since I didn’t have any huddles or meetings until later that afternoon, I was able to drive out to join him and I am so glad I did.  For an hour we took turns praying for our schools, volunteers, coaches we know, churches in the area, and our country as we head into a new administration this week.  It was a great reminder and encouragement that God is the One behind all of the work I’m doing and He will be the reason for the success of FCA in our schools and county.  He is the One steering this ship (which is a good think because otherwise I’d be sunk!)  Proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in a man’s heart but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”  In light of everything we all probably have on our plates on a daily basis and a certain ceremony happening on Friday, let us all say AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's it like to work with Loudoun students?

Step by Step

The Idolatry of Safety