A New Adventure Begins!

Welcome to my new FCA blog!  I can't wait to share how the Lord is working in the lives of coaches and athletes in Loudoun County.  Here are a few highlights of the past few months as I've been working to raise support and transition into this new women's ministry role on the Loudoun FCA staff:

Women's Ministry teammates, Rebekah and Noelle at the NSC in April
In April I traveled to FCA’s National Support Center in Kansas City, MO to attend Fundraising Bootcamp.  I flew out with two other amazing women who are also prospective women’s ministry staff for Northern VA FCA.  We were given about 20 hours of prep work before coming to bootcamp, all related with understanding the Biblical model of support raising in ministry and being able to share our personal stories of how the Lord brought us to this desire to work for FCA.  The prep work was so helpful and the information I learned at bootcamp has been invaluable as I started raising support. 

Last prom as a PFHS teacher

My eighth year of teaching at Potomac Falls High School ended much like the others.  It’s always bittersweet seeing students you’ve known for one or more years proudly walk across the stage in their caps and gowns.  While I will miss being in the classroom with a consistent group of students every day, I’m so excited to continue serving the Lord and students in Loudoun County in my new role as a women’s ministry area representative.

My Rock Beach Week girls
My niece hanging out at the pool
 This summer has been wonderfully busy.  It started with traveling to Myrtle Beach for two and a half weeks, first with the youth group from McLean Bible Church for our annual Senior High Beach Week and then staying for vacation with my family.  This past year was my fourth year leading with the MBC youth group and I loved being able to hang out with the girls I’ve been leading for three or four years, as well as getting to know a few girls who were new to our church.  The time with my family was such a joy and I am constantly in awe of how much God has chosen to bless me with such loving and supportive parents and siblings.  This summer was the first with my niece and suffice it to say, the kid LOVES the water!  She gets cuter every day and I’m so thankful that I get to see her as often as I do because she is growing up so fast!  We’ll be celebrating her first birthday in just a couple of weeks.

After returning from the beach, I dove straight into coaching soccer at Loudoun FCA's Power Camp.  This was my second year coaching soccer at the camp and I was so excited to have some girls in our soccer group this year!  One of my math students and Potomac Falls FCA Leaders, Molly, volunteered at the camp as a Huddle Leader.  She said she loved the opportunity to serve and hang out with the younger kids and is hoping to get more Potomac Falls FCA members to help out next year!

Women's Ministry team at our staff retreat
Last week I had the opportunity to go on a staff retreat with the rest of the Northern Virginia, Loudoun, and Washington, DC FCA staff.  Although we were only gone for about 48 hours, it was an amazing time of fellowship and vision casting for this new school year.  It has been such a blessing getting to know these new coworkers and I’m still so humbled that I get to work with this incredible, godly group of people.






Much of the rest of my summer has been spent raising support to join the FCA staff.  Overall it has been going very well.  Week after week, the Lord has been reminding me that He is in control, that the funds are all His anyway, and that I just need to boldly ask in His name.  Right now, I’m about 30% of the way towards being fully funded.  If you are interested in joining my home team, please visit www.Loudounfca.org/donate and click on my name.  There you can choose whether to give a special gift or join as a monthly supporter.  Thank you so much to all who have been praying with and for me as I made the decision to take this leap of faith!


Comments

  1. Well done good and faithful servant... We continue to pray that you walk as the Lord leads, the funding WILL come in His timing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's it like to work with Loudoun students?

Step by Step

The Idolatry of Safety