That's a Wrap! (On 2016)

What a difference a year makes!  As I reflect back on 2016 I can’t help but be in awe of God’s goodness.  One year ago, I was feeling a little stuck and restless in a job that brought me equal parts joy and frustration on any given day.  One of my best friends in the area had just moved and the other would be leaving in just a few months and I couldn’t help but feel a bit hopeless about the coming year.  Much like the Israelites in the Old Testament, I tend to forget how faithful God has been to me when I’m facing a less than optimal situation in my life.  Thankfully, though, our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever and 2016 brought so many unanticipated blessings from my Father in Heaven. 
Having my two dear friends move away brought me closer to my family, my sisters especially, than ever before.  It is such a blessing to have them living nearby to talk to and hang out with often.  I also got to have a front row seat to watching my sweet baby niece grow into the silly, walking, babbling toddler she is now.  I’ve had many friends who lived far from nieces and nephews when they were little, only getting to see them on holidays or vacations, and I can’t imagine not having an active role in my little buddy’s life.  She is such a gift and brought me so much joy in 2016 amidst all of the change and uncertainty!
I have no idea where she gets this silliness from...
Selfies with Auntie

My biggest supporters in following God's call on my life

As far as my job, just two weeks into 2016 I shadowed my friend and former Loudoun FCA Area Representative Justin Kleiner for a day that would change the trajectory of my year completely.  As I mentioned previously, after months of raising support, I officially came on staff with FCA on December 1.  So far I’ve had the opportunity to visit five high school and two middle school huddles and I can’t wait to meet the students at the rest of my schools in January!  I think it’s only fitting that my last huddle visit before the Christmas break brought me back “home” to Potomac Falls High School in Sterling.  The students were celebrating on this last Friday before break with a fundraiser (for a donation to FCA, teachers were able to drop off any gifts they needed wrapped for the holidays and the students delivered them ready to go right after the huddle) and a White Elephant gift exchange.  I loved the opportunity to visit with these students again and look forward to continuing to serve there and the rest of the schools in Eastern Loudoun in 2017!

(part of) the Potomac Falls huddle with their White Elephant gifts

PS: There's still time to do your end of year giving for 2016!  Click here to donate to Loudoun FCA and continue impacting the lives of coaches and students for Christ in 2017!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's it like to work with Loudoun students?

Step by Step

The Idolatry of Safety