Let the Fun Begin!

This past Thursday, August 24, was the first day of school for Loudoun County Public Schools.  I spent a lot of time that day reflecting over the past year and how wonderfully God has moved in my life.  The first day of school last year was straight up HARD.  I cried.  At the time, I was in the throws of raising support to come on staff with FCA, so I had no income and no real idea when I would have enough raised to start my new women’s ministry role.  I was so sure that FCA was something God had called me to, but the enemy had started to sow seeds of doubt and, unfortunately, I had started to listen a bit to those uncertainties. 
How crucial it is that we proactively arm ourselves with the Word of God so that in times of trial we have a weapon to combat the doubts that so easily arise.  And according to 2 Timothy 2:13, “If we are faithless, He will remain faithful – for he cannot deny Himself.”  Over and over God brought new donors into my life – some people I had known for years and some I had never even met before I started pursuing this role with FCA.  He continually reassured me of this calling and I am reminded so often what a blessing it is to serve in this ministry! 
Sunday night we had the blessing of hosting a Back to School “kick off” party at a donor’s home.  We had student leaders from across the county come out for the first couple of hours, followed by board members and their families for the latter part of the evening.  We had a wonderful time of food and fellowship as we grilled up hamburgers and hot dogs and played cornhole.  And the kids of course enjoyed the amazing pool! 
Our amazing Loudoun Team!
So back to the first day of school.  This year, I did not cry as I saw buses heading out for their morning and afternoon routes.  Of course, there are still days that I miss being in the classroom with my students.  The beginning of the school year was always a hectic but exciting time as a teacher.  I know that God has called me to this role in this ministry for a reason, though, and I am so thankful for these amazing coworkers who encourage and challenge me daily as we seek to reach coaches and athletes in Loudoun County with the hope of the gospel.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's it like to work with Loudoun students?

Step by Step

The Idolatry of Safety