He is Risen!

He is risen!  Father, forgive me for ever taking that fact and all of the hope and joy that comes with it for granted.  Because He lives, I don’t have to fear death.  Because He lives, I live with the hope that one day, I will join my aunt, cousin, and grandmother and so many others who put their trust in Jesus and I will spend eternity singing praises to Jesus Christ our King.  Because He lives, I can face each day knowing that the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives inside of me.  That’s a really big deal! 
Yesterday was such a joy-filled day.  I had the opportunity to attend church with my whole family (we normally go to three different churches in the area) and be reminded of the amazing hope we have because Jesus Christ conquered death and sin once and for all on the cross 2000 years ago.  I got to spend plenty of time outside, playing corn hole in the sunshine, eating delicious food, and watching my niece wander all over the yard gathering Easter eggs.  What a blessing to be able to openly celebrate and worship our Risen Savior when so many around the world aren’t able to do that safely.  Again, Father, forgive me for forgetting how blessed I am to do that.
The Easter Bunny was very good to this little Chickie this year!
As we at FCA have been gearing up for camp season, I am so thankful for the ability to slow down a bit this past week and remember why we’re busily making phone calls and planning and recruiting for Leadership Camp, Power Camp, and Richmond: Because Jesus is alive and people need to hear about it! 
And for all those teacher friends out there who headed back today for the 4th quarter, with its busyness of SOL and AP testing, end of year assemblies, and graduations, know that you are being fiercely prayed for as you finish this last stretch of the school year.  I know you’re tired and spring fever is setting in for teachers and students alike.  I’m rooting for you, friends!  You’ve got this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's it like to work with Loudoun students?

Step by Step

The Idolatry of Safety