The Solid Rock

In the past year, I had a new roommate move in and I started a new job.  Our country has a new president and is arguably facing more unrest than I ever remember seeing in my lifetime.  Even my home church is in the process of searching for a new senior pastor.  Change is an inevitable part of life.  For the more adventurous out there it can be exciting but for those who, like me, prefer their comfort zones clearly defined and secured, change can be a bit daunting.  Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”  Isn’t that such a fantastic truth?  I find so much peace in knowing that my Creator and Savior is unwavering – in His sovereignty, in His power, and in His love for you and me.  I could choose to go through life resisting change and, as a result, many of the blessings that come from new opportunities.  Or, I could fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith and trust that He will steady me when life gets a bit shaky.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's it like to work with Loudoun students?

Step by Step

The Idolatry of Safety